I have always been better at reflection than at prediction, but this won’t stop me from throwing a spoonful of subjective sauce into The Challenge: Free Agents prognostication pot. As we are about to embark on tonight’s much anticipated season premiere (at the time of writing, this is just a few hours away) and journey to Uruguay for the silver anniversary season of the Fifth Major American Professional Sport, here are my season predictions:
Awarded to the woman and the man competitors on FREE AGENTS who consistently give the most comedic interviews. RIVALS 2 winner: Paula; BATTLE OF THE SEASONS winners: Devyn and Chet
Awarded to the woman and the man competitors on FREE AGENTS who erupt out of their past CHALLENGE and REAL WORLD performances and personas, exceed expectations, and prove themselves as essential participants in future seasons. RIVALS 2 winner: Jemmye; BATTLE OF THE SEASONS winner: Chet
Awarded to the woman and the man on FREE AGENTS who make the leap this season to elite status, solidifying themselves as perennial contenders in all future seasons of THE CHALLENGE. RIVALS 2 winner: Frank; BATTLE OF THE SEASONS winner: Dustin
Rookie of the Year
Awarded to the season’s best performance by a first time THE CHALLENGE participant. RIVALS 2 winner: Jordan; BATTLE OF THE SEASONS winners: Frank
Some Bold Predictions
• Isaac will be a worthy candidate for “The Break Out” and will surprise many people with his performance.
• Frank will not make his third straight trip to the finals and will be a surprising early elimination.
• Jasmine will be the last member of her Real World: Cancun contingent in the game (Emilee and Jonna will be eliminated first).
• Zach is going to have a most successful comeback season that will be unexpectedly cut short in an unusual manner.
• There will be several times this season when Sarah will be missed.
• Johnny Bananas and CT will find themselves working together more in Free Agents than in any other season prior.
• TJ Lavin the great will take competition hosting to an entirely new level of “killing it.”
• Camila will be involved in the biggest fight of the season, but it will mostly not be her fault.
• The Johnny bobble head will have more screen time than Swift.
The Final Four
My predictions for the final four women and the final four men on FREE AGENTS.
LAUREL CARA MARIAJEMMYEJESSICA
Most Valuable Player
My predictions for the women and men who will win FREE AGENTS.